Location: Los Angeles, California
Client: Cathay Kylin
Dates: July 19-August 1, 2014
Team: D. Ouyang, S. Mihelčič, K. Kušar, K. Ostrowska, R. Best, C. Lee, D. Farmakis, T. Vilfan
Type: Consulting, Residential
Cloud Arch Studio was invited by Cathay Kylin, a Chinese real estate developer, to explore possibilities for energy efficiency, sustainability, and building technology in two of their current developments:
- 109-unit apartment complex on 6055 Center Drive, Los Angeles CA
- 18 single family homes on Glenalbyn Drive, Los Angeles CA
Cloud’s deliverable was composed of four distinct sections:
- MULTIFAMILY SUSTAINABILITY STUDY is authored by R. Best, C. Lee, and D. Ouyang and approaches the question of sustainability in multifamily residential from an academic perspective.
- 6055 CENTER DRIVE SUSTAINABILITY RECOMMENDATIONS is authored by D. Farmakis, R. Best, and D. Ouyang and consists of a direct application of the ideas from the sustainability study to the client’s multifamily site with recommendations on how the client should proceed with the design process.
- 6055 CENTER DRIVE ARCHITECTURAL CONCEPT is a design by K. Kusar, T. Vilfan, and D. Ouyang integrating Cloud Arch Studio’s own sustainability recommendations and unique architectural concepts.
- GLENALBYN DRIVE ARCHITECTURAL CONCEPT is a design by K. Ostrowska, S. Mihelcic, and D. Ouyang for the client’s single-family development.
View the full deliverable here.